Climate Change Is Ruining Lives: It's Time to Act | Teen Ink

Climate Change Is Ruining Lives: It's Time to Act

By Talonshai BRONZE, Unalaska, Alaska
Talonshai BRONZE, Unalaska, Alaska

A NPR article  talks about a Mayan man that has been farming for his whole life, but can’t do what he always been able to do now because of climate change. Climate change is the warming of all of earth’s environment, the effect of all the climates all over the world. From droughts and storms to the polar ice caps melting. This is all because the burning of fossil fuels and other pollutants. To me this is a big deal. We are destroying our earth and it’s not okay. This is another thing that climate change has an effect on. Yam Moo (the owner of the farm) has always done the same routine at the same time of year. Farming isn’t an option for Yam Moo anymore. He can’t just get another job, all he knows is farming. His whole life is affected by climate change and there are more people worldwide like Yam Moo that are affected by it. About 3.8 million people have lost their jobs to climate change. To me that’s a lot of money and jobs. That is to many people from something that can be prevented. The government can do things like pass laws that can help reduce emissions, and stop deforestation. Climate change is obliterating families lives and parts of the environment. It needs to stop.