Advantages of Pesticides | Teen Ink

Advantages of Pesticides

By jmk22 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
jmk22 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

Pesticides have been used for many years and telling farmers that they should not use pesticides on their crops is understandable with all the bad rumors going around. Some people might argue that using pesticides can get people sick and give others a disease, such as cancer. Also they might say it costs billions of dollars each year. Have you ever heard someone saying pesticides are bad and can get people sick and you’ll lose billions of dollars? Did you tell them what you thought? How did you feel? However there are some ways to prevent getting sick and to not spend billions of dollars on pesticides. Cover hands and mouth and do not use it as a toy so humans do not get sick. Does it cost billions of dollars? It does not actually. Only one percent of a billion dollars are spent each month in the summer on pesticides. “Farmers spend most of the summer spraying pesticides on their crops,” and if people actually think about it, that isn’t a lot of money spent during the whole summer. This paper will argue that pesticides are useful on your crops for farmers. If anyone is worried about pesticides, do not be worried. There might be some negatives that might worry some people, but luckily there are many positives that is not scary at all, so sit back, relax, and read along about why farmers should use pesticides.

There are few reasons why farmers should not use pesticides on their crops, but there are many reasons why farmers SHOULD use pesticides on their crops. Using pesticides on crops cleans the crop by getting rid of bugs and bacteria. For example, in the article “Why do farmers use pesticides on their crops” by Jeanne Young, it says, “People are not enjoying the crops, the bugs are, so if families want to enjoy the freshly grown food, then put pesticides on your crops to save and enjoy your very own crops.”

Another reason that farmers should use pesticides on their crops is because people do not really get sick. Others might say something like this… Farmers should not use pesticides because it can get many people sick and maybe even cancer, but really people do not get sick. People can get sick but there are many obvious things everyone can do to not get sick. For example, cover mouth and eyes so nothing gets in them. Also do not breath in too much at a time or you could feel sick.

The final reason why farmers should use pesticides on crops is because, it costs a lot less than a lot of people would think it would cost. People that are against pesticides would say, it cost billions of dollars each year. Yeah it might each YEAR, but each month in the summer, probably not. Only one percent of a billion dollars are spent on pesticides during the summer months, and that is not a lot if everyone thinks about it because farmers only spray pesticides on their crops during the summer. It says this in the article “Why should farmers use pesticides on their crops?” By Jeanne Young.

Jeanne Young is a professional writer for articles. She began writing professionally in 2000. She was the government reporter for a daily newspaper in central Florida. Young has also covered general assignment and the business, health, science, environment and education beats for newspapers and a wire service, and written about money and politics. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in English from the University of South Florida. Jeanne Young is also very good with farming too. So that means she has had very good experience with crops.

In conclusion pesticides are useful on crops for farmers. Pesticides should be used because they get rid of bugs that feed on crops. The opposing side might say that it can get many people sick, but there are many ways to prevent anyone from getting sick. For example, wash hands, close your mouth, and cover your eyes. Also it costs one percent of a billion dollars each month in the summer. Do you ever actually think that you’ll lose billions of dollars on pesticides? Well if everyone starts thinking about it, that isn’t a whole lot. Pesticides are horrible for crops because they do not destroy the crop, they destroy people and make them sick. Pesticides can give people many different kinds of sickness and diseases like cancer. This is what people that are against pesticides might say. Farmers should use pesticides on crops because, think about it, families are not enjoying the food, the bugs that live everywhere feed on crops and they enjoy it. If pesticides are used on your crops, it will make them clean and healthy for everyone and families to enjoy.