Pollution Is a Big Problem | Teen Ink

Pollution Is a Big Problem

By mjn22 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
mjn22 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

Most evidence shows that pollution is a big problem and there are many different types for example air pollution, water pollution, garbage waste, and more.  Currently there are a lot of incidents that injure plants and animals.  Yes, you might think pollution is not that big of a problem now.  But For example after time it will build up and will make a bigger difference than you think.  There are many ways to argue against pollution.  Generally because there are many different types and each type does damage of some sort. There are also not many ways to prevent pollution but you could help stop it by doing simple things.  In my essay I will be arguing about the cons of pollution because it is very corrupting to many things.  Also, you can make a difference.

The first reason pollution is bad is that it gets in the air.  Have you ever realized that the smell in the city smells different than in the country?  Another problem is exhaust from vehicles which can poison you.  In the city it smells different from in the country because of the vehicles.  According to clean air kids “there are around 23 million vehicles releasing gases and polluting the air!”  you are more likely to develop health issues and become ill.  Have you ever seen smoke or gas coming out of a chimney, that might of been because of the burning of  coal in homes and factories.  Oxygen passes through your blood and body, it is the oxygen that keeps you alive.  Have you ever seen a lot of fog outside?  Well when you combine smoke with fog it creates smog.  Smog was a big problem in the winter because of the cold more coal was burnt in homes creating more smoke.  According to Clean Air Kids “In 1952 when the Great London Smog occurred, more than 4000 people died because of the smog!”

The second reason that pollution is bad is that it is damaging the environment. According to protecting nature pollution article says “Clouds of choking smoke,beaches covered in oil, rivers turned red by chemicals, those are some obvious examples of pollution”.  You can not see all of the pollution,also protecting nature said “invisible plumes of gas may drift over cities”.  The invisible pollution could kill trees and give you chest problems and it is more likely to become ill.  Another problem is the size of the area that is infected, winds can blow pollution from one side of the ocean to another, thousands of kilometers.

The third reason that pollution is bad is the water.  Water is old, the water we use today is the same water that the dinosaurs used.  We can not create new water, it has been used over and over again.The water keeps getting polluted every day and It can damage climate.  According to Kids Ecology Corps “Businesses and cities dump chemicals and waste products into lakes, rivers, and oceans.  People throw trash, furniture, old tires, cars, fencing, anything they can think of.”  That is a big problem because it will build up overtime and damage the climate and plant life will be destroyed.

Some people argue that pollution is not that big of a problem to our world.  Also because there are not any things being affected and injured.  But actually there are a lot of things being affected by pollution as fast as every day.  There are many cases of pollution that are affecting animals like oil spills.  Oil spills are a very dangerous kind of pollution because it kills a lot of animals that live on the beach.  For example seals birds fish and many other animals. Also people can not swim when there's an oil spill because you could get seriously hurt.  Some people also argue that if we do not do anything about pollution than it will be fine. The problem with that is that it will not be fine, it will build up and end lives. We can do something to prevent pollution, for example we can pick up trash, recycle, do not litter, and much more.  They are simple tasks that can change a lot.

In conclusion pollution is very bad because it affects the air, water, cities and towns.You might think that pollution isn't that big of a deal and our lives won't be affected by it but you're wrong.Now that you know how pollution affects your life you should spread the word and make an effect against pollution. You can also make a difference by not creating it for example, you shouldn't litter or use a vehicle that runs on gas because it can make you sick and have a big effect on your life.