Pollution | Teen Ink

Pollution

Pollution is a big part of our world but right now the topic is split.   So one might say pollution is ok but another can say it is a huge problem and we have to stop it.   Both are good but I can tell you which one is better.   I am for the It is a huge problem and needs to be stopped because I think it should be stopped and animals shouldn’t be killed over humans wanting not to throw away trash.  

Going on with why pollution is a bad thing, let’s start with air pollution.   Clouds of smog (huge smoke clouds) are appearing all over the US because of factories polluting the air and making it bad for people to breath“Clouds of choking smog; beaches coated in oil; rivers turned red by chemicals”.  They are doing this because they do not want the smoke in their building and that’s not fair.  We should tell them to stop puffing smoke out and find a different place for it to go into.   Air quality can also get very bad and when we have nasty air.   We end up getting sick a lot more than usual because of all the chemicals that could be in the air and make you get very bad illnesses.  Also try not to burn coal  because if you do burning coal puts very bad stuff in the air that you shouldn’t breath most of the time.  Though it’s a law for you to burn coal it is still very bad for the environment and you should keep that in mind.  

In addition to air pollution another problem is water pollution.   Occasionally huge trucks full of waste come by and dump it into rivers, lakes, and oceans.  All though it does not matter what you dump waste into because it is still horrible.  The waste makes the world bad and it makes the water icky and gross so you have nothing to drink can not go swimming in it and it is bad for the animals that live in the water or drink or clean themselves in.
I know that people use gas to get around and “the air is becoming worse and worse because of new things being invented” but, have you ever thought of buying an electric car it is way better for the environment and has less gas and chemicals coming out of it Also when you have trash you ever think about throwing it into a garbage? There is so much trash all over the world because of such careless people not wanting to go the extra 20 feet to throw something away.   Also everyone should start cleaning the water they use before drinking it because some of the water we use today is water dinosaurs used, and no one wants old water.   Also big businesses and factories keep dumping waste into our lakes! They think just because they make stuff for other people and build things makes it ok to pollute? No it is never ok to pollute even if your a known business company or a famous person.   Do not pollute because even if it is not hurting you it is hurting something else and everything deserves to be treated equally.

Ok so I know there is a law for making it ok to burn coals, and that they have stuff tracking pollution dumpers “Many cars are now being fitted with satellite navigation devices”, but that still is not helping enough and it is not stopping it completely.   Also for the coal only do it if you absolutely have to because it is not good for the air and not good for you to breath.   Also instead of burning coals use just wood and a lighter to get a fire going or just do not grill.   But if you decide to grill keep the fire and burning coal to a minimum.

All in all polluting is very bad and you should never do it.   It makes you look bad in public, you can make people get sick for the things you want do, you can make the air bad to breath, you make animals lose their homes, ruin nature and more importantly makes you feel terrible once you realize what you just did and overall hurts the rock we call home, earth.   So do not pollute it is the right thing to do, and if you see anyone throwing trash into a body of water on the ground, or in the street call them out for it and make that person pick it up.