Recycling | Teen Ink

Recycling

By jec22@hartlake.org BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
jec22@hartlake.org BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

Recycling has been a topic of discussion for years.  Even though it’s been talked about, it is still hotly contested.  Some people argue that recycling is too much work.  However, others agree that recycling is beneficial because it can reduce pollution, it can help the environment, and you can reuse the recycled products.  Recycling is something you should do to keep our planet safe and clean!

(Recycling prevents pollution when recycled materials are used in place of virgin materials during manufacturing,) we avoid the environmental damage caused by mining for metals, drilling for petroleum, and harvesting trees. Producing recycled white paper creates  less air pollution and  less water pollution than producing paper from virgin fibers. Using recycled cans instead of extracting ore to make aluminum cans produces 95% less air pollution and 97% less water pollution. Recycling and remanufacturing are 194 times more effective in reducing greenhouse gas emissions than landfilling and virgin manufacturing.
Why recycling (page #2)

Recycling helps the environment by  cleaning the earth. This is because people are recycling. Recycling is very important as waste has a huge negative impact on the natural environment.( Harmful chemicals and greenhouse gasses are released from rubbish in landfill sites). Recycling helps to reduce the pollution caused by waste.  Recycling reduces the need for raw materials so that the rainforests can be preserved.
(Recycling is important )

Recycling products can help with making more things and it's all done by recycling. All you have to do is put plastic stuff cardboard boxes, newspaper or soda cans in the recycling bin.

The following items should not be placed into your recycling bin

Any glass contaminated with stones, dirt, and food waste.

Ceramics, such as dishware, ovenware, and decorative items.

Heat-resistant glass, such as Pyrex.

Mixed colors of broken glass.

Mirror or window glass.

Metal or plastic caps and lids.
Crystal.

In summary, recycling is one of the best ways for you to have a positive impact on the world in which we live. Recycling is important to both the natural environment and us. We must act fast as the amount of waste we create is increasing all the time.

i did it because recycling is good