Recycling Is a Waste of Time | Teen Ink

Recycling Is a Waste of Time

January 16, 2017
By asl22 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
asl22 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

When you recycle do you think you’re doing good for the world or bad for the world well they're good things but most of recycling is harmfull for the world. The little good thing are you reusing but what about the other two R’s.  reducing you're not really reducing all you're doing is making a bigger mess than it already is. And recycling nerly ? people in this world recycle and the other just litter or thrown in the garbage.


This is my opinion about recycling is a waste of time. Why i think recycling is a waste of time is because number one, is because it's doing no good for the earth. “those kindergarten teachers teaching us about doing good for the planet but it’s actually bad for the earth”. And why it’s bad for the earth is because in some time of year probably recycling waste and gunk was not as bad as now but now it's bad. But like i said in my intro that one R reusing is the only good thing out of all recycling. Because they can melt it down to just make a new one, but they can reusing metal to. But i'm not gonna copy my intro ok let's move on to other topic. I think recycling is a waste a time. i do ok. Now let’s talk about it. Why i think recycling is a waste of time is because it makes nooo profit. Only the business people care about that. And the litter that people throw on the ground just because their lazy,other people don’t like that


This is what i found in a writing why “recycling is a waste of time.” Why did the article say this is because in the article it said these things”i still believe in the other two R’s reducing and reusing however,recycling is a waste of time ,money,and scarce resources.” and this comment.”in the new york times recycling may be the most wasteful activity in modern america.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
My second claim is “it does not pay”. So from the article it said “instead of wasting  resources on recycling, it would be more prudent to invest that money so that entrepreneurs can create a new recipes to conserve scarce resources in the process” that right there i didn't understand. One more quote from the article”since recycling does not turn a profit,it is more efficient to utilize the scarce resources devoted to recycling to activities in other models of production.


My third claim is”plastic is hard to get rid of” why they said this was because in the article they said”only one third of all plastics that people use end up as garbage”.”millions and millions of plastic ends up in the ocean because of this.


altho recycling paper saves energy they have to use harmful chemicals like chlorine and other stuff but while they're cleaning the paper the water can get into the water stream. Like zinc nks, including copper, lead, zinc, chromium and cadmium all enter the water steam if it does while doing this the small fibers,and other thing just are more worst than growing a tree and cutting down it’s worst for the environment.

 

But i think for the people that think recycling is good my opinion is that really it's just wasteful and does nothing good for the earth. But the one good thing that recycling dose for the earth i just reusing bottle and other things. There are other things that recycling does good for the earth but i haven't found them. And this was my opinion about it so recycling is a waste of time.