Endangered Snow Leopards | Teen Ink

Endangered Snow Leopards

Imagine a world without these beautiful big cats with thick white fur no longer exist, what would happen if these rare and precious creatures disappear from the Earth forever? There are a few snow leopards left in the wild and they are endangered.  These ¨Ghost of the Mountains¨ are becoming extinct, however these snow leopards could be steered away from extinction by adopting, donating, and restoring habitats.

Snow leopards are killed by farmers because of snow leopards coming into farms and killing livestock.  They are also hunted for their white fur and some of their body parts used in Chinese medicine (Snow Leopard, 2011).  Hunting and killings by farmers or herders are affecting snow leopards population.  Therefore, Snow leopards are now on the endangered species list. 

You could adopt, donate, restore habitats, and have them have a safe place to live .  Donate or adopt a snow leopard and the people that protect the snow leopards could have enough money to restore habitats and have the snow leopards live in a safe environment. As a result, the snow leopards will be able to live in a safe place where no hunters or farmers could harm them.

Snow leopards have been driven to the peak of extinction by being hunted and being killed by farmers or herders.  On the other hand, It´s not too late to save them from extinction because there is still hope. By adopting, donating, restoring their habitats, and

provide a safe place for them to live, people that protect some of the endangered animals could have enough money to protect the snow leopards.

I love animals and I do not want them to be erased from this world forever. I want to save these endangered snow leopards that are almost extinct.