Is Overpopulation Bad? | Teen Ink

Is Overpopulation Bad?

May 19, 2016
By RittoruLawliet BRONZE, Glenpool, Oklahoma
RittoruLawliet BRONZE, Glenpool, Oklahoma
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

In the year of 2020 the world is expected to hit nine billion*. Over population is bad for the environment because it causes pollution, disease, and habitat distruction.

 

First off it causes pollution, which can lead to a bad environment to live in for humans, and animals. Garbage will be surrounding streets, homes, works, our whole lives! Everything will be filthy, and the air will be sticky, humid, and full of flies. We will have no where to put our waste , and there will be no clean water, it will be worse than California! 

 

Secondly, disease. Our waste will cause rats, flies, mosquitos, etc. Which leads to plague, malaria, etc. There will be limited hospitals and medication for these diseases from how littered the streets are.

 

3rd off, habitat distruction. There will be so many people that there will be limited room for housing and farming, which leads to cutting down trees and forcing animals to move out of there habitat and eventually die. There will also be more hunting which leads to extinction or endangerment.


The author's comments:

Overpopulation is a problem that our community needs to overcome and I hope this essay helps whomever it can.