We Always Take | Teen Ink

We Always Take

January 3, 2016
By Coolio2k11 SILVER, Ulaanbaatar, Other
Coolio2k11 SILVER, Ulaanbaatar, Other
8 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
I want to make every person i meet in my life happy.


Due to global warming and the destruction of wild life habitats, in my opinion hunting should be prohibited. We are taking more than we deserve from mother nature and the wildlife is paying the price. So far many animals have been driven to extinction thanks to human activity. As for global warming, we all know how this is happening, logging, river and sea pollution from factory waste and much more. Not only are we driving them to extinction by hunting, we finish off the job with certainty.


In the past humans hunted lots of animals in Africa. Elephants, rhinos, gorillas the prize for these big games were huge. And on the market they reached sky high prices. Now most are driven to extinction and hunting is prohibited. Hunting is not a wrong thing, unless it’s the hunting only for a single photo shot. It’s the circle of life. But there is a balance that MUST be kept. If you hunt too much reproduction will be difficult for those species of animal. Thus extinction is a possibility. And every wild life is chain liked with one another. One animal is another predators’ prey. Cut the chain link and it all stops. A whole ecosystem can be brought to a halt.


Now a days hunting is being discouraged and people are protesting against animal skin clothing. In Europe there was a protest of over 30 naked women lying on the ground covered in animal blood to send a message to the public. That the expensive clothes they are wearing is not something to be proud of. The way they skin the animals to make the clothing is obviously going against animal rights. They don’t even kill it to begin with, they skinn the poor things alive. No anesthetics are used. They say when skinned this way the quality of the skin is very high and is preserved for a long time. Judging from this, greed is in their eyes, not caring the slightest for those animals. But those women do care and their message was received with full attention.


People need to pull away from hunting. They need to understand that we are killing more than we should just by being near them. And since we can’t help them reproduce efficiently why make matters worse.


In Mongolia wolf and bears are coming close to extinction. Hunting and deforesting are the main reasons. Some say wild fires are to blame but that is completely out of the concern here. Many people hunt wolves for their beautiful skin, meat with magic like healing properties and more folklore reasons. The same goes for many other animals. But just like the above we took what we needed and we didn’t think about their reproduction. Guess where that’s leading us?