How Green Is Hunting? | Teen Ink

How Green Is Hunting?

By Yetis BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
Yetis BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

Is hunting environmentally friendly? This is a very large question, and many have very strong opinions on it. There are two distinct sides to this question, Some saying, hunting is no more than killing innocent animals and it can't possibly be good for our environment. Others say hunting helps our environment one way or another, hunting is more than killing for fun. It's deeper than that. Hunting is environmentally friendly because, it helps control population of animals,Hunters love and respect nature, and it helps our economy.

Hunting helps control population of animals. You can hunt for most animals as long as they are not endangered and you have a tag or permission to hunt the animals. The DNR gives out a specific number of tags for each species of animal based on the population of the specific species. This is to control how many can be killed without majorly affecting the population.  “Hunting is a natural, balanced, biological method of controlling wildlife, proven over centuries” according to the fox hunting association of the UK. The fox hunting association is a well known association. If hunting is a valid way to control population it should be a respected way to control population.

Hunters love and respect nature, they do this so that there will always be nature to hunt on. A good hunter would never do something to nature that would permanently damage it. Hunters do many things to support nature, whether it be donating to nature based organizations or simply planting trees .“ Hunters are the most conservation friendly people out there.” said Joe Hosmer vice president of safari club international. Safari Club International is one of the largest hunting clubs in America. It's good to hunt as long as you give back to nature.

Hunting helps our economy in many ways. It creates new job and it gives money to the government. “Hunting is much more than an american pass time. It has created more than 700,000 jobs Nationwide. Thats 1% of America’s labor force” And “New studies show that annual spendings by America’s 14 million hunters amount to $22.1 billion” says the California department of fish and game. The department of fish and game are in charge of all hunting in America. We need all the help we can get when it comes to economics, if hunting helps it is a great thing.

Based on the abundance of evidence, there are many reasons to prove why hunting is environmentally friendly. Whether hunting is environmentally is a big question, hopefully your opinion has changed or been grounded. Now if you are asked your opinion you know how to respond. Spread the word, hunting is environmentally friendly.