more than bones | Teen Ink

more than bones

I was sitting down eating with my family when I looked over at my youngest brother, he was turning his head and chewing loudly. I stared at him for a long period of time just thinking. Thinking about the structure, the skin, his bones, and everything deeper. I thought about his personal intellect and how such a small child could do all of the things he does. Then you start to think about the brain, yes we only use a small, small percentage of it, but we've accomplished a lot. If you think about it we've adapted to most of our surroundings we've changed many things!

As young as he is it surprises me that he knows what he knows. We learn in science and health that the brain tells your body to do everything, when your arm itches you automatically scratch it or rub it. When your hair falls in your face you push it away. It;s like you don't even have time to think about it, it just happens. The human body does more than it's given credit for. In times we say, "I'm just a bag of bones with no purpose..." Wrong! you are so much more! You are so much more than just... bones.