Curious ventures in the Labyrinth | Teen Ink

Curious ventures in the Labyrinth

February 21, 2014
By MariaAmin SILVER, Sacramento, California
MariaAmin SILVER, Sacramento, California
5 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
Take calculated risks.
That is quite different from being rash.
-George S. Patton


I have cried, and inside I have died. Sometimes I stay awake at night thinking about life, and begin to tremble because its a frightening experience we are all stuck in. I see people who are going through this labyrinth easily, and I wonder if they picked up a flashlight along the way. Being able to see through the foggy dark mist that clouds our vision. Is that why people commit suicide? To finally see the end of the confusing labyrinth? Not able to handle the suspense anymore, and wanted to read the end of the mystery novel before they finished the first chapter. Known as a sin to mankind, but I didn’t know being curious has become a sin. It’s said we create monsters in our head, but maybe it’s the real monsters who are telling us that. Maybe we tell ourselves we create monsters in our head, because we are too afraid to admit that we are the monsters. Lying to create safe haven in a vast maze littered with souls that are fragile, and filled with fear.


The author's comments:
because does anyone know who they really are?