HOW TO SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT | Teen Ink

HOW TO SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT

With global warming and fluctuating energy costs, many of us struggle with how to go green and the cost that can be associated with it. There are many low cost and easy ways to both save the environment and save money at the same time.

The natural world around us needs water just as much as we do,so we cannot save the environment without saving our water supply.Conserving water starts with looking at it as a limited resources and consuming it with that in mind. We also make choices about how much water we use in our daily lives by, for example, taking shorter showers or not running the water while we are washing dishes. Choosing to conserve water can have a significant impact on the overall goal of saving the environment.

We can also make simple changes, like shopping with reusable bags and keeping food and other items in reusable containers, rather than defaulting to plastic bags and disposable containers. And recycling obviously refers to buying recycled products and sorting waste into the appropriate categories such as aluminum cans, glass, plastic, paper and cardboard. If you can't reduce your consumption or find a way to reuse a product, recycling is a better choice than simply throwing something into the trash.

Next,we can also save the environment by planting trees, which is a favourite Earth Day activity. Trees play a critical role in keeping our air clean, both by releasing oxygen into the air and by trapping carbon. The more trees we have, the better our air quality, and that's why planting trees is an excellent step to take toward saving the environment. While you're at it, plant a tree in a spot that will give your house shade, as that will help reduce your need to crank up your air conditioning.

It is also important to take a stand against deforestation. Losing the rainforest means that we are losing millions of trees that would otherwise be cleaning the air for us. Protesting deforestation by refusing to buy products that are created at the expense of the world's forests can help slow and even halt deforestation.

Environmental pollution is one of the key problem facing our modern world.Though there have been massive technological advances in these recent days,these too have come with much negative effects to the environment.By doing a simple thing like planting a tree,we shall be making the world a better place and for sure we shall always live to be proud of our achievement.

Fredericka said...
on Jan. 18 2018 at 7:11 pm
Fredericka, Delaware, Ohio
This article has been very insightful to me and I enjoyed reading about different ways to help the Environment. One way that I like to contribute is in the spring my family grows flowers in our front yard and in the back we grow other plants. Because we have so many plants that require constant watering, I reuse bath water instead of wasting that water that could be used for something else and this way I don't have to use up even more water to keep my yard nice.

Kushi said...
on Nov. 16 2017 at 8:18 pm
It was avery very good para i would say thank you to who has posted

Pann said...
on Aug. 7 2017 at 7:04 am
Very supporting for the lesson at my school

Khushi said...
on Jun. 24 2017 at 12:56 am
Bomb lines likhi hai yr

Aditi s said...
on May. 29 2017 at 4:30 am
Nice l liked it