Winter forever? | Teen Ink

Winter forever?

By brandonhernke BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
brandonhernke BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

There are a lot of different climates around the world and micro climates but by far minnesota for this year in 2013 has been very wierd. We got a foot in of snow in may which it was 70 on monday then school was canceled people all around town lost power and a lot of tree branches fell because it was wet and heavy snow also some people went snowmobiling. This snow affected farmers getting out into the fields, we got more snow than usual in the spring, and what its really like in the spring for minnesota.

This snow in may really messed up the farmers getting into the field and planting like they usually do in the last week of april because the ground was really wet and muddy. Also the plants take longer to start sprouting and blooming and it will go longer into the fall.

This spring we got a lot more snow than we usually get. Like it was 70 on monday then on thursday there was a foot of snow ,no school ,and people stuck in ditches all in one week. this snow really has messed up all the spring sports by delaying them and having a game or meet everyday of the week then having to cram practices in late at night cause they cannot go outside. But usually we don't get this much snow so this really messed up a lot of people all over Minnesota.

In Minnesota we don't usually get snow this late or in the quantity that fell. Usually the farmers are almost done in the field or at least halfway done with planting in the first week of may and not just getting into the fields in the second week maybe even the third. Also most sports just have one meet a week or 2 games a week but with the unexpected snow in may and late april this really messed up there schedule.

You can never be certain about the weather cause the weather can change dramatically in just a week with no snow on monday and a foot on thursday. So the weather can really make difference in everybodies day to day lives and the weather could make the normal routine a little different.