Clean The Earth! | Teen Ink

Clean The Earth!

March 25, 2013
By steelsoprano DIAMOND, Cincinnati, Ohio
steelsoprano DIAMOND, Cincinnati, Ohio
75 articles 0 photos 47 comments

As humans with responsibility, we need to make sure to keep our planet clean. I mean, look around you! Almost everywhere I look I see trash. Cigarettes, aluminum cans, bottles, wrappers... Will this trash come to no end?! One important way we can save the planet is by recycling. By recycling, we can reuse our planets resources and begin to transform it into what it once was.
But also, another big problem in this earth is pollution. Everyday, we send tons of carbon into the atmosphere, only causing more global warming. So, we can take a step into action and start carpooling, cutting the amount of carbon emitted into the air in half. Or start taking your bike places! Or even walk to close by areas. Not only will this help keep our planet cooler, it will also benefit you by getting some exercise in everyday. If we really work hard, we can make a difference in this world.
Another easy thing to do to help save this planet is to just be conscientious about what you are doing. Are you turning out every last light as you leave the room? Are you making sure to take shorter showers? All of these things can make a difference. I mean, think about it. You may not think that you alone could not make a difference, and that this planet is doomed, but what if everybody thought that, and never did anything about it? Everybody has the potential to make a difference. If you just get a group of people to feel motivated, this could start something big for the earth.
Also, check your cars! If they are getting like 12 miles to the gallon, maybe it is time to change vehicles. The less you get, the more you use. Or if you really feel the urge to make a difference, try converting your car to run on vegetable oil! It may sound hard, because it is, but in the long run it will help the earth to live a healthier life.
If you haven't noticed already, in the arctics, the ice caps are melting. The reason? Well, mostly pollution. All of the carbon being emitted into the air is increasing the earth's overall temperature, therefore melting what should be frozen.
So as a conclusion to all of this, take the extra step to make sure that you go green, and help save the planet! After all, we only have this one island home, and once it's gone, it's gone.