Preserve Our Future

We all serve our purpose on this planet; we are what make it maintain order. But over recent studies we can see that global warming is happening all around us. We are not doing our part to stop this from escalating even further. I feel if everyone can change their habits and focus on what is best for our environment we can ultimately change our future. The burning of fossil fuels is one of the main contributors to global warming. When fossil fuels are burned they emit CO2 which gets trapped by our atmosphere causing the air to become heated, known as the Greenhouse Effect. It will take an 80% reduction in Carbon emissions by 2050 to avert the most dangerous, irreversible and costly effects of climate change. We are already experiencing higher and lower temperatures, major storms, out of control fires, and Artic melting. There are many ways we can prevent global warming, that not only are good for our environment but help save money. We could recycle, preserve energy and water, use the backside of paper, use a cloth bag while shopping, don’t buy cars that use a lot of gas, or even get a hybrid car. If everyone would just open their eyes to the dangerous truth then we can take our first step to putting an end to this. If we all work together, I know we can change our fate before it is too late.

Eman_Neercs This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 28, 2010 at 11:10 am:
I respect your opinion...but I would have liked to hear some details about these "recent studies". You didn't really prove that global warming is a concrete fact- I don't think anyone can prove it yet because it's still just a theory. What I really hate is when people treat it as an irrefutable fact of life and you're an idiot if you don't agree. I'd appreciate it if you hadn't said "truth". We don't know if it's true. We only have ice cores from 600,000 years back to compare to todays te... (more »)

FroBro replied...
Jul. 15, 2011 at 6:42 pm :
No, Global warming is a fact. The earth has natural cycles of hot and cold, as history has shown us. The only thing that is not a solid fact is how much humans are contributing to global warming, if we even are at all.

alwayswriting14 said...
Feb. 24, 2010 at 5:28 pm:
I personally believe global warming isn't true. This has been going on for a while now and many don't even know what it is anymore. And it isn't just random doubters like me there's loads of other highly respected people who think global warming isn't man-induced. But listen. The earth goes through natural warming and cooling periods. Let's just slow down and look at the evidence. (Although great job writing! Keep expressing your opinion and your format is really go... (more »)

WriterFanatic This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Great job. This reminds me of on of my articles. Its called"wwe are the next generation" You should check it out. But listen, its great that you believe in global warming, do you know how many people just believe it is a hoax? Keep up the great work