Look Around...

Look around.... Sometimes, I get the feeling some people aren't taking care of the Earth as well as they should. Well, I am one of those “some”. I admit it. But It's time to grow a brain. I cleaned out my biology binder and took stacks and stacks of paper out. “Dispose of this paper. I don't want to see it.” Mom says. “But we don't have a recycling bin.” I respond. “Uh, it's called a trash can.” Me: …. Face, expressionless. Time to time I feel like it is okay to throw a few papers in the trash, but a whole stack? Do you know how many trees are killed to make all of this paper we don't need? I sat in U.S. History, glancing at the teacher's stack of paper as he handed it out to the class. “Guess what. You guys don't have to use text books for this entire unit. I printed out packets for you....” And so on. He was excited, good for him. My face was expressionless once again on the outside. On the inside, I was screaming. All I could think about was how many more trees were being killed. It kills me. I love trees. I admire their astonishing beauty, but people are hurting them too much, aren't they? How much is this effecting the planet? I have no idea. But I would love to find out. I don't know how many people will read this and care, but I know I care enough for quite a few people. I'm going to help do something about it, if I can. Anybody want to join me???? These trees are only the least of our problems today. Unfortunately.