PETA doesn't treat animals ethically?

I'm sure everyone has heard of PETA at one point in time or another. If not, their name stands for "People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals". However, most of you may not be aware of the fact that PETA does NOT treat their animals ethically. How? They euthanize more than 90% of animals every year. Why? They have other financial priorities. They believe that it is cheaper to kill the animals than it is to take care of them.

Now let's see what PETA really spends their money on. What does PETA think is more important that taking care of innocent animals? Defending arsonists and other violent exremists is the answer. Yes, PETA spends millions of dollars supporting these people and paying these people to catch science labs on fire for testing on animals. It doesn't matter they are testing the animals for, they'll burn it down anyway. They could find the cure for AIDS and PETA would still be against it. And, that is 100% spoken from PETA themselves.

In the year 2007 1,997 animals were taken into PETA. Only seventeen of those animals were adopted, and 1,815 were killed. Why were those animals killed? PETA didn't want to spend their money taking care of them like the deserved. Instead, they euthanized them all, and two PETA workers were arrested for throwing some of the animals into dumpsters after killing them. They were charged with animal cruelty.

Now, there are the facts. Here's my opinion: I think it's completely wrong for PETA to make people who eat meat feel like horrible people, and to make those people think that resturants, grocers, and farmers are all disgusting human beings who kill the animals in horrible ways. It's especially wrong for them to do this because they also kill animals themselves. No, they don't slaughter them, but they kill them nonetheless. And for no reason. Resturants, grocers, and farmers kill animals for food. Not because it's cheaper for them because their too busy giving money to terrorists in the country.

PETA are the ones who are revolting humans who think they that blowing things up will help liberate animals when they're just going to kill the majority of them anyway. I'm 100% for animal rights and for animals being treated like they should, considering they are living breathing creatures, just like us. They feel pain, love, and fear just like we do. But I am 100% against PETA for seeming like they're doing what they do for the greater good of animals, when they turn around and kill what would have been killed if they didn't interfere.

And it sickens me more that the government is okay with this.

rising_sun said...
today at 2:05 am:
I am one of PETA2's Youth Advisory Board members this year. I support PETA on many fronts, however I do believe that some things - such as this - need to be changed. That is part of the reason why I applied.

I think money can be spent better elsewhere and better care can be given to animals in shelters.

CyberLydii said...
May 8, 2012 at 7:22 am:

Ummm, euthanasia is not "unethical". It's significantly more humane than, say, pouring bleach in their eyes, or putting eyeliner IN their eyes. They don't have the funds to take care of all of those animals, so they're doing the most humane thing. Please make sure your arguments have some substance, and some sort of logic. <3

maelstrom14 replied...
Aug. 13, 2013 at 5:03 am :
That's like saying " I'm okay if people resucue children being abused then kill them if they dont get adoptated...I mean hey as long as the do it in the quickest and least painful way possible right?" it's sickenning

FroBro said...
Jun. 13, 2011 at 7:32 pm:

Do you not realize that over the years we have over bread domestic animals? It is literally economically impossible to care for all of them, and is environmentally impossible to release them into the wild. Even if they weren't to busy with all of their publicity stunts.

I'm as anti-extremist group as the next guy, but there is nothing we can do with ALL the animals.

love09 said...
I support PETA, i think what they do to animals is horrible, if this doesnt stop then idk what the future has in store for the animals that get tested on.

Alexis12345 said...

Thank you for the article. The sad thing is, I'm vegetarian, however I find that when people think animal rights activist, or vegan, the first thing that pops into their mind is BAM! Peta. I do not want to be associated with many of peta's campaigns...

I believe PETA is manipulative and radical. Have you heard of their "Sea Kitten" campaign? They belive that by calling fish sea kittens, children will be less likely to eat them. So on their website, they have stories, games (aimed at... (more »)

CyberLydii replied...
May 8, 2012 at 7:23 am :
They send better, cuter stickers now :)

savetheanimals101 said...
Mar. 30, 2010 at 4:55 pm:
Im part of PETA2 .I Do no tsend them my money but i do trust them in  fact that they help thousands of animals stay alive and help more ohers live healthy live. Oh Im vegan. Peta does not says that all farmers are bad people. I do not believe every drug dealer hates his/her family or has shot his/her brother. Instead of going on about animal rights organizations you guys should stop and think about how to make this a better place.

Estar said...
Um... don't you dudes go out for hot dogs sometimes? I am a fellow peskitarian :) but my brother ia a cattle rancher. I do not support PETA or ANCW in anyway, but to say the least fammers/ranchers take care of the animals, they do not kill them! We the people kill them :) Even PETA :)

PETA sucks said...
I agree with this girl. The PETA is getting too carried away. Cut her some slack. My lord! The PETA basically says that all farmers are horrible people. and all of them threat animals cruelly and im getting sick of it!

SteffneeJo said...
I checked multiple sources. Many said the same things. Instead of only listening to what PETA has to say, maybe you should also read what other organizations have to say. Ignorance isn't always bliss.
I'm sorry that I don't support a group that spends more money funding terrorism and arson than actually helping a lot of the animals.

Stephanie said...
Jun. 3, 2009 at 7:08 pm:
I never said they were blood thirsty demons. What I ACTUALLY said was that the way they go about helping the animals is too extreme. I never implied that they torture their animals and eat them for dinner. I explained their euthanisia statistics which I found from SEVERAL sources. Not just that one. But because I wrote this article AGES ago, I could not tell what those other sources are. Now, I do agree with PETA in some aspects, but for the most part I think they're wrong. They promote propa... (more »)

Chrissy L. said...
Jun. 1, 2009 at 12:48 am:
I'm sorry but this is one of the most biased and unfactual things I have ever read. PETA isn't a group of blood thirsty demons, they care about animals. And I KNOW that your statistics are so horribly inaccurate. PETA does not kill animals, money is an issue in absolutely every organization (such as the ASPCA)and your source is the opposite of credible.

ItsRaining This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 7, 2009 at 4:09 pm :
Impressive. Good opinion, I agree that this is really biased.

Stephanie said...
Aug. 18, 2008 at 1:03 am:
My source is petakillsanimals.com.

issaBFMV replied...
Feb. 5, 2010 at 3:05 pm :
and the site petakillsanimals .com is biased.

jhn85 replied...
Apr. 3, 2010 at 10:27 pm :
Yeah and peta isn't biased...haha

Senovan replied...
May 17, 2010 at 8:11 am :
That site, while biased, contains many facts which have been proven, the main debunker of this site is peta itself, but instead of proving themselves innocent they spread hatred and bias against the site. in truth peta is responsible for just as much if not more harm then where they "liberated" them from, peta is flawed. we need to stop forming these corrrupt orginisations anf think for our selves. if you want something done, Get off the computer, Go outside, and do something about it!

iRawk said...
Well knowing that they kill the animals anyways, wouldn't it be better to test on them. Now I am not saying torture them, that would just be cruel, but if they die from that at least it can be of use and save lives later. Other than that very nice article.

SUPER FOX ON FIRE said...
I would love to hear what your sources are. This article seems a bit extreme. As a supporter of PETA, i know for a fact they do not "make people who eat meat feel like horrible people". PETA provides the facts of the meat industry and lets people dow ith them what they want. I have read a PETA magazine and i have looked at their website many times and none of what they say attacks omnivores, they smiply try to convince people to switch to vegetarianism as a way of life.