The Change | Teen Ink

The Change

February 26, 2012
By Wired_To_Inspire PLATINUM, Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
Wired_To_Inspire PLATINUM, Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
49 articles 0 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Your mind fights the battles, but your heart wins the war." -Liz Ruth


As I look in the mirror at myself, I see a person who has been created by God and is living on this planet as one of his children. I never even realized how much God is upset with us and this world, and I never faced the fact that I and so many other people are the cause of the planet sinking downhill. As I look in the mirror now, I see a difference in me that can influence other people to do great things; things that the world has never seen before. I now know that I am the beginning of ANY change that I want to make for my country and my planet. It takes a lot of thinking to envision what the world is going to be like in the future for my children, my children's children, and all the children that will be coming to take over and fulfill the destiny of the people before them. If we don't save this world NOW, there won't be a world to save anymore. There will be nothing to ever look back upon except all the sin that brought the Earth to crumble. As we see the Earth crumble today, we are constantly "putting bandages on the cracks." We're never really fixing the Earth, we are only making it new for a short period of time, and when that "bandage" fails and falls off, there is a bigger "crack" that will never be fixed again, and at the rate we are going, there must be a million of those "cracks." Every day, we always see animal's homes being destroyed to build new houses. That kind of stuff "cracks" the Earth and turns it into shambles, and the worst part is, we do nothing about it. I would love to see the day were we, the people, all realize that we won't be living forever, and they finally make that change for my world, their world, and the rest of society.


The author's comments:
This is more of like an essay, but whatever it is... it is. I put a lot of thought into this and really makes a point on things. I hope you like it! I sent this in for a contest to be judged. I hope it gets in!