Deforestation | Teen Ink

Deforestation

By brooke112345 SILVER, Scottdale, Pennsylvania
brooke112345 SILVER, Scottdale, Pennsylvania

In the end, it's not the years in your life, it's the life in your years.
Be who you want to be; not what other want you to.

Picture a world with the most dangerous animals in our world’s forest living in our town. Imagine a hungry grizzly bear standing at your front door, or a wolf sitting by you patio waiting for you to cook some steaks on the grill, or a bobcat circling around you kids’ swing set, not a pretty picture, right? I bet most of you wouldn’t even go outside. Studies show in tens of years, the world just may be like that if deforestation doesn’t stop. Nature freak? No, I’m just worried that if we cut down trees, the world will become crazy. I oppose the cutting down of trees because it can possibly destroy the world.
As I said before, the world would be totally hectic with predator animals all around. Also, the world would be very hot, due to global warming and trees and plants give us a lot, if not all of our medicine, so a lot of people will be sick.
How can you go without cutting trees down? Well, you don’t have to stop cutting them down, just replant them if you do. If you don’t want to spend all your time planting trees, you can simply use less paper. For example, instead of getting so many paper bills in the mail, just go to the online billing. It’s a lot simpler and saves a lot of paper. Recycle all your paper instead of just throwing it away. When the companies that collect the paper take it back to their manufacture, they are turned into brand new paper. Also, you can buy recycled products so new trees will not have to be cut down. Look for the Forest Stewardship Council certification on wood and wood products. This shows people that no forest of woods was destroyed in the making of that product.
A world without deforestation would be a better world, even better than today’s. Everywhere you would walk there would be a real tree, and not a plastic one. The world may have fewer products but we can live without most if not all of the stuff we have. All we absolutely need is food and water to survive.
The world may not be too bad now, but in a few years, it might be. We can really stop and make things better if the world tried. You never want to walk outside to bears, wolves, and bobcats being ready to attack you. That would be a miserable life to live. You really could not do much in your life but sit in your house anyway. All in all, I have a dream that deforestation will stop forever and people would put a call to action.