A love worth saving | Teen Ink

A love worth saving

By MarissaF. BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona
MarissaF. BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona

Most of the population in today’s society is oblivious to what is happening around them. We walk with our heads down to avoid difficult situations in which might require us to take action. While we are doing this thousands of animals are abused and dying behind our backs. It may seem as if what is happening is normal and not significant to someone, but in reality each and every animal is crucial to creating genuine relationships in a person’s life. Animals play an important role in enriching our lives and need to be protected.

An astonishing number of 1,687 animals die every year from abuse or neglection. That is the amount of children who won’t have a puppy or kitten to come home to, or the number of elderly that will sit at home alone. The genuine love from an animal is something that can’t be replaced. They will be there for any person in need on their best or very worst day. Unconditional love offered by them displays their purity of heart in which the company of no human can compare to. Some say the only difference between animals and humans is that we have reasoning and they act on instinct. That would mean that they aren’t just being kind to us for personal gain. They truly and genuinely love us, and that kind of love cannot be tainted. They are the illustration that humans do not need money to be happy. Anyone can receive the enrichment that comes from animals. They know no color, whether you are wealthy or not, and they have no care of what you look like. They are the ultimate friend and possibly the best thing that has ever come to mankind.

Making sure that animals have a safe place in this world is no longer a good deed. It is a responsibility to each and every one of us to give them that safe haven by helping out at shelters or taking in a pet. It is proven that having an animal can extend life or even heal. Who knows what kind of great memories and experiences we could obtain from these acts. If everyone would do their part the world would be that much better of a place for our generation and future generations to come.