Are Organic Foods Worth the Effort? | Teen Ink

Are Organic Foods Worth the Effort?

By Ap321 BRONZE, Pylmouth, Michigan
Ap321 BRONZE, Pylmouth, Michigan

My opinion about organic food varies from negative to positive, depending on what factors I think about. I feel great when I eat organic food and when I don’t, I do not feel so good. This fact makes me feel positive about eating organics. I think I feel so badly because of the chemicals in non- organic food, including the use of preservatives. Although organic foods are good for you, some manufacturers don’t make it taste as good if you’re used to regular food. This makes me a little hesitant to try some products. Many conventional food companies use food additives and artificial flavorings to make their non-organic food products taste very good. The fertilizers and pesticides are very dangerous for farm workers and our environment. Organic manufacturers are not allowed to add anything artificial to their products, and the foods have to be grown without pesticides and fertilizers. This fact makes me feel good about buying organic.

Eating organic can have negative affects like peer pressure, as your friends making fun of you for eating healthy. Some natural health care products do not work well, like deodorants that wear out quickly and toothpaste that does not taste good. The general population in my opinion thinks that there is no difference or it costs too much money. I will continue to support the purchase of organic products as the benefits far outweigh the drawbacks.