Nature Makes You think. | Teen Ink

Nature Makes You think.

By cmwsoccerfreak33 BRONZE, Council Bluffs, Iowa
cmwsoccerfreak33 BRONZE, Council Bluffs, Iowa

A day without laughter is a day wasted.

Standing here I look out and stare at all the beautiful features around me.
I look around and can’t help but wonder how “God” created this masterpiece in just seven days. I have so many questions that I don’t know who can answer.
I look at the trees. They’re staring back at me. My figures so short compared to them.
I look at the leaves. Why are there only certain colors that they can be? What do they even do for us?
I look at the water in the delicate sized portion of the lakes. They are made one hundred percent of water; yet, humans are only made of ninety eight.
I look out at the odd shaped clouds. They’re gray. Or are they white? I could stand here forever and put little pictures together in my head by looking at them.
I look at the grass. Why hasn’t it ever been cut?
I look at the sun. Its blazing heat has overcome me in this chilly fall air. The effect it has on human nature is so significant.
Maybe it’s just one season that makes me think this way, how lucky humans are to be alive. The beauty of the simple things around us.
This is life I guess. We don’t realize it, but who we are, what we do, affects these simple things around us. Before we know it, it’s going to be gone. Before we know it, were going to be gone.

-Connor Wittstruck

We went on a field trip for our class and had to right something about nature and this is what I ended up with.

jenny said...
on Nov. 28 2010 at 9:44 pm

Beautiful!

why is God in quotation marks?