Just A Thought: The Oil Spill | Teen Ink

Just A Thought: The Oil Spill

June 7, 2010
By LameyAmy BRONZE, Crestline, California
LameyAmy BRONZE, Crestline, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

What creature deserves to die from a silly mistake made by a human? Not one. Are we doing everything in our power to stop the oil leak in the gulf? I believe not. We can do much more, in my opinion, to save the living things being destroyed in this horrible oil spill. What my voice may matter I don't know, but I care about our environment, and hope that next time we will be more careful with the drilling along the gulf. Maybe, if we weren't so greedy we could pull our minds together and think of an alternative fuel to use, so nothing as disasterous as this will happen again. If I could volunteer, to go help wash the animals free of oil, and to help revive them of this disaster I would, but I wish that all would feel the same as I do, and the ones that can help, will help. I think that the government can help with this situation more, by just asking for help, but what do I know I'm just a teen. Just a thought.


The author's comments:
I hope readers will begin to realize how much it can affect us, from such a far distance.