Putting Animals in Zoos | Teen Ink

Putting Animals in Zoos

April 20, 2010
By Anonymous

Putting animals in zoos is animal cruelty. Most of these animals only see a thick glass or a thorny fence that keeps them in. All these animals should not be taken from their homes, for entertainment.

The United States is well known for entertaining people. Entertaining people with moves, shows of talents, and music is great; but not entertaining using animals.

Many organizations like PETA, ASPCA, and American Humane Association demand the release of animals in zoos. Animals don't have control of themselves because they are wild. It is not their fault for their actions, attacking humans. It is like their self-defense and humans get angry for animals' actions, so they punish animals in a cruel manner.

Organizations like PETA have incredibly helped many mistreated animals. PETA is dedicated to establishing and defending the rights of all animals. PETA operates under the simple principle that animals are not ours to eat, wear, experiment on, and used for entertainment. PETA explains and educates people about the mistreatment of animals in the world.

All of these organizations are helpful, especially PETA. This brings me back to zoos. Animals shouldn't be put into cages for human entertainment. Humans need to find other entertainment such as theme parks, theater, or dramas. In many causes people don't understand and it when PETA takes action. They would anything they can to take down any marketing or entertainment using animals.

My conclusion is that is zoos let animals free our world would be natural like it used to. I am against animal cruelty. I think its appalling having an animal in-caged not knowing that outside world. “I had a dream... freedom.” (Martin Luther King)