It'll only last for so long, guys!

I understand that sometimes it's hard to think about preserving the earth all the time. Honestly, I don't do it either. I think we all need to try a little harder to take care of this earth, because not everything is a renewable resource. I mean, the earth has 75% water, but only 1% is good enough for human consumption. That really isn't very much, guys. We HAVE to save some of the resources this earth has.
If you have scrap paper and need to write something down, use the other side. My mom had a valid point the other day. See, she wants one of those electronic book readers, but wasn't positive if she wanted to get it. I asked her to list the reasons for wanting it, and one she said was that it saved a lot of trees. We need to save trees,and i bet every single one of you has heard this, but trees are homes to endangered species. We all need to get trash picked up, try to recycle, and save resources that are either non-renewable or take thousands-millions of years to form.

squirtsMcGee said...
Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:42 pm:
Overall, this article was well written; however, the problems discussed only scratch the surface of what the predicament truly is. Further research, would suggest that everyday items and services (electricity, streets and roads, even wind turbines) require large amounts of potentially harmful chemicals and solids just to produce such services. Yes, picking up rubbish on the street is a good start, but in order for us to truly delve into the roots of the problem, one must adjust the very fabrics ... (more »)

originalthinker said...
this article seems like it is going from one point to another to another without a central idea. You should pick one topic and stick with it. In the beginning you mentioned the water problem, but later on you make a point about the killing of trees. Anyway, the topic you selected was very good, and your facts were supportive of the text. Good job and keep writing!

WriterFanatic This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Exactly, you are right! Do you know whats sad? No one cares=( People just don't get it. They think global warming is a hoax! Grr. But your article is so correct and great job! You should read mine it is called "we are the next generation"