Saving Our Home

The earth is dying before us yet we sit and watch. If the TV breaks, or the game system, we run off to the stores to get it fixed immediately no matter the cost. Why aren’t we willing to fix our earth? Are our T.V.’s and Game Systems more important to us than where we live? Where we shall continue to live, until the end of time?

The earth is our home and cannot be replaced, we must take care of it, and nurture it or we shall destroy it. We have come up with so much technology that hinders instead of helps us. Take that game system, that we run to repair, what does it do? ‘It occupies kids of today!’ Yeah right! The earth has already given kids plenty of entertainment in the forms of fields and hills, forests and plains, water and land. However, instead of using what the earth has given us, and helping kids by giving them exercise as they run around, we decide to ruin kids’ minds with game systems that glue them to the screen for hours, and makes them neglect their homework and chores. We have polluted this earth by making these things which do not even help us in any way!

We have already messed up this world, we have ruined the air, water, and animals that it has so willingly provided for us. We need to stop this destruction of life and bring back the world we had before. It will not be easy, but everybody can help! What about something as simple as turning the lights out when you leave a room? Recycling what can be recycled? Picking up litter? Donating money to an environmental organization? None of these things are very hard. We can’t just always say,“Oh, the earth is a mess. Ah, well, those big companies that are polluting so much can stop and fix it.” Instead we need to help out, it’s not only those big companies; it’s every day things that we do too that are ruining the earth. So stop and think about what you can do to make a difference in our world!

The~crayon~in~my~heart said...
Mar. 14, 2010 at 9:04 am:
TRUE TRUE TRUE!

Lost-In-Life replied...
Jun. 7, 2010 at 5:54 pm :
Thanks! I'm glad someone completely agrees!

WriterFanaticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 16, 2010 at 1:22 am:
I love this planet. But you gotta relize something. Even is thousands of people try. Even if milllions, there will always be billions of people who don't try. You are making a fantastic point.

little-miss-sunshine replied...
Jan. 28, 2010 at 6:16 pm :
The fact is though, those thousands of people that do try will make a difference. Maybe not as large as the one that would be made if billions of people try but still a difference would be made. That's the point I'm trying to make here, that when even one person does something it makes a difference.

WriterFanaticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 28, 2010 at 6:47 pm :
true true. You are right. And, who knows, one person could change the world.=)

little-miss-sunshine replied...
Mar. 27, 2010 at 11:44 am :
Yah, I like to think like that, it's inspiring!