Texas is beautiful

everyone around here always talks about how ugly texas is. but secretly i love texas. how the wind blows the wheat and the corn. how the grass isn't green but yellow. how the sky is always clear except in the occasional storm and how if you drive outside of any town you can find old farm houses. horses and cows line old county rodes and most everyone you meet is good 'ole country folk. wholesome, nice and honest. i've never told anyone this before but i love texas.

Texas_Horsegirl said...
Hey, I live in Texas! I love our history and the trees and the hot summers...idk that people didn't like it...I always thought it nice here.

*beautiful*spirit*This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I know, right? When I tell people I'm from Texas, they crinkle their mouth and say, "Oh." But I love Texas. It's pretty and beautiful in its own way. Texans are different kind of people. Everyone knows everyone, and there are cows and horses on the side of almost every road. And the best thing I love about Texas is the weather; winter does not exist in Texas! But as I said before, Texas is beautiful in its own different way.

cheywan..undeniable replied...
Nov. 4, 2009 at 8:47 pm :
i know..i hate it when people make fun of texas...if they ever lived here then they would know how awesome it was...i don't think that there is any better place to live then right here...

jada7890987 replied...
Jun. 28, 2011 at 12:58 pm :

Texas is awesome! Even when my parents moved to New York for three months I was miserable! The kids there made fun of the way I talked and everything was so different. Sure, when its a little over a hundred degrees and the humidity is 100%, you question your thinking. But only a little bit.

I missed Texas so much! When we finally crossed the state line (we drove all the way) I felt a huge weight lift off my shoulders even though it was another day's ride to our actual home.