Nissan r32's, and sustainable production and consumption | Teen Ink

Nissan r32's, and sustainable production and consumption

Nissan r32’s, and sustainable consumption and production

By: Jacob Griggs

The Nissan r32, it was a wonder for its time. Nicknamed “Godzilla” because of its success during its racing period, why is this a topic in consumption and production you might ask? While this was an amazing car that set new never before seen records, what REAL good did it do? While it was racing how much greenhouse gasses such as carbon monoxide did it produce? Probably a very significant amount considering there was more than one made and more than one racing. Well how bad are greenhouse gasses right, hopefully not that bad? It is one of the worst things for our air and for global warming. Places like China have changed forever due to how much pollution and greenhouse gasses are produced there. If you compare the air pollution from ten years ago to now just due to cars you will see a crazy difference. It is things like this we should change and work on making amends for, as a society.

All of its production and body work was done in Japan or more specifically Musashimurayama Japan. While in production some workers reported getting sick from toxic fumes that were produced while making the shell of the car.

While the r32 was a racing car it was still to a certain extent “environmentally friendly. While in production the manufacturers decided to try and find a way to limit how much gas it consumed and how much gasses it produced.

While it isn’t the best it was good for the time it was made. In modern standards no it would not be sustainable but back then it