Childrens innocence | Teen Ink

Childrens innocence

By connermcguire BRONZE, Willis Tx 77318, Texas
connermcguire BRONZE, Willis Tx 77318, Texas

Children operate on a different plane of existence. Being able to perceive the world around you in a different context is what forms your reality. The innocence of a child's mind is a gift. Fortunately for some, children are able to function on a plane of blissful ignorance. For instance, a house cat's ability to perceive their situation is what enables it to live in a confined space. If a human was trapped inside all day every day and fed the same food for breakfast lunch and dinner, they would go insane. Cats on the other hand can carry on about their lives and continue to find joy in the same things. A child's innocence allows them to operate in a way in which the world is a beautiful white canvas where stimulus is new and exciting. Not for all children but certainly for some, children are able to solely rely on and dopamine driving their decisions. Before a child is able to understand the effects of glucose on the body, sugar is the most amazing thing in the world and has no downside. After a child becomes more aware of the problems with this ideology their magic goes away. Looking upon a child is like gazing at a different plane of existence where every decision they make is able to be based on what will make them the happiest. Innocent excitement is the purest form. Children experience new things all the time which allows their lives to be more exciting like doing one of the most fun things they could ever imagine every day. Unfortunately, the opposite is true. If a child scrapes their knee that might be one of the worst pains they have ever experienced, and so they will respond as such. Children are like amplifiers for emotion. As you age and your innocence disappears you no longer amplify emotions as hard as you once did. Children are like white canvases waiting to be filled with color.

I think about how my little when I write this so this is for you Bryar, love you.