Fall | Teen Ink

Fall

October 8, 2018
By Anonymous

Fall

   

   Fall is where all the leaves come off the trees and pumpkins grow in the patches down the road. The weather now has a cold comfortable breeze that blows through the air, so the sweaters now come out of storage and jackets are piled on the coat rack by the front door. When you look outside and everyone is raking the leaves that have fallen while their kids jump into the pile that they have made. Fall comes with so many memories that will last forever that I look forward to all year long and never want to end. I truly believe that fall is the best time to spend with your friends and family, it makes me the happiest and by far fall is the best season to me.  

Football Season

   When fall comes around that means the football season is about to start. All my friends and I go to the store to buy things to go all out for the student section. I love being with my friends in the stands going crazy with all of our Republic chants. We usually take a ton of pictures and most likely won't have a voice by the next day. This year we got a new football field and everyone is really pumped, we all were there the first game squished in between each other trying not to die of heat. Although, now that true fall is coming up the weather is starting to cool off so it is much more bearable. It is my favorite sport to watch and the fall vibes make it so much better. Everyone will be posting their football pictures with their friends or the players after the Friday nights. I love the timing of the game as well, especially since all their games are on Fridays, we don't have to wake up super early to go to school the next morning. Overall, I'm super excited football season is here and I can't wait for more and more games to come, the weather is perfect and our outfits will be set out for perfection.

Weather and Fall Fashion

   The weather is changing very quickly and it is the just right temperature. It's not to hot that you don't want to go outside and sweat, but it's not too cold to where you’re freezing and don't want to leave. It is the best when you can go outside in shorts and a hoodie and feel comfortable because the weather fits it perfect. Also, the sweaters that have been pushed to the back of the closet finally get to come forward with your favorite pair of denim jeans. Personally, that sounds like the perfect outfit that I look forward to wearing the next day. That day you will drive down the road and see that all the leaves had changed a different color and a majority are on the grass. As a kid, I would go outside in the evening to check and see if my dad had made a pile of leaves out by the shed so that when I got an opportunity and he wasn't looking I would go jump in it. The weather just changes my whole perspective and gives me a big reason on why fall is my favorite season.

The Corn Maze

   Although, all of the activities that take place during fall make things so enjoyable and fun. Corn mazes are a big part of fall, which is my favorite activity to do. Just imagine going to a local corn maze with all of your friends, when you get there your heart fills up with adrenaline and you start getting really nervous. Going into the corn maze you're all holding hands trying to use each other as shields, and for the people in the front that think they are tough, we all know you’re the most nervous. When you get going in the middle of the maze and end up making each other laugh and embarrass yourself with all of the loud high pitch screams. Once you're out you rant and talk about everything that just went down, and is fast walking to get out of there as soon as possible. Everything that happens in a corn maze always seems to stick in my mind, and that's weird for me because I have a really hard time remembering things. Although, the memories that are made in those places are unforgettable and I think are the best and are so funny to remember and tell to everyone else.

Family Traditions

   Lastly, another thing that is a tradition in my family is bonfires and pumpkin carving. Once or twice a year my mom will have me take my friends and me to a pumpkin patch that is fifteen minutes away. We start searching and trying to find the one that is a good size and doesn't have any crazy lumps or bruises on it. Then, we head home to look on Pinterest and figure out what it was we were wanting to carve on our pumpkin. After about an hour or two of carving, my friends and I will head back in the yard and invite people over to have a big bonfire and just talk and have smores. Honestly, just talking about it makes me so happy and I never get that way with any other season. Every time I think or someone talks about it I feel an excitement in my chest that stays there for a while because I love it that much.


Overall, every aspect of fall makes me love it and I constantly want it all the time. Some people may prefer other seasons over fall, but in my opinion, I feel like all of my points are hard not to love during the season, but everyone, of course, has their different opinions and thinks in a certain way. Although to me, there is nothing better than waking up and it's just the right temperature outside, then you walk into your living room to the smell of a fall Scentsy your mom has been burning. I always have a way better time finding outfits in the morning because I know what's going to be comfortable for fall days. Then I leave the house happy and ready to start the day because it wakes up me up and a certain way that motivates me. So, all in all, I believe that fall is the best season of the whole year, and I wish it was around all the time.


The author's comments:

Personally, I've always grown up loving fall ever since I was little. Its has just been my favorite season to celebrate and I look forward to it all the time. I play volleyball though so a lot of my time in fall goes to the sport.