The Orange Groves | Teen Ink

The Orange Groves

October 4, 2018
By benc2021 BRONZE, Hemet, California
benc2021 BRONZE, Hemet, California
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I live in the small town of Hemet, California. Actually, not really; I live quite a bit outside of it, but still not that long of a drive to get to our (s)mall. I live near the orange and grapefruit groves, which is amazing all year. For one thing, I do not have to worry about fires since they water the groves so much. Also, I do not have to worry about noise from the city because the trees provide amazing insulation from it. My house is so distant, robberies and other crime is nearly nonexistent. I don’t have concern about floods since I live on a plateau. Relatively to everywhere else in this valley of 100,000 residents, my neighborhood is really nice.

Some even better things that are around is in spring, though there is pollen, we get the most beautiful smell of fresh orange blossoms. It stays for weeks on end!  Also, I love to take my dogs on bike rides through them because the owners don’t mind and my dogs love it even more than I do. They run around in the water, and they go about and just sniff everything there is to sniff in the entire area.

This is a great place to be. While you are worried about this paper being due on Friday, the book due on Monday, the reading, the rhetorical precis, and other work, it's always worth it to go to the groves and feel a fresh breeze of air on your face. No matter what stress you have, it's truly more effective than a once a month therapy session or an antidepressant because you realize just from this beautiful display of nature that pure happiness is true and achievable. So, if you are me, you can easily go over again every single day due to the generosity of everyone around.

The orange groves is a representation of the world and its nature and the fun experiences. Going through it makes you realize, yet again, why you keep putting yourself through this stress to keep all A’s and get to a good college, and help other people through the bad times. You remember that everyday, there is a place where you and your dogs can go as fast as you want.


The author's comments:

I like boxes, trees and dogs.