Taking the jonas brothers too far

Are the tweens of today taking the Jonas brothers too far? The answer is yes. You may not believe me, but if you are a true Jonas brothers fan, then jonasism means something to you.
The Jonas brothers are on the mind of just about every tween girl there is on the planet, in fact they rule the minds of so many tween and kids that some of these people have resorted to jonasism. Jonasism is an actual religion that refers to the Jonas brothers songs as a belief system. Apart from the strangeness of that, when the name Jonas is typed in on Google, 77, 800,000 hits show up on the computer. If that many people make Jonas brother’s websites, it is almost impossible not to believe that people take the Jonas brothers too far. Sure, they’re a good group, but good enough to waste your entire child hood worshipping them? If you ask me, there are a lot of kids setting themselves up for disappointment, because a lot of fans will not even be able to meet the Jonas brothers. So the next time you’re sneaking up into you’re room to your JONAS shrine, try to think about spending time with someone who actually knows you

Fate98 said...
ok i did not no some of that. Yes they take it way too far. But over here in the UK they aren't really teen fan based. Mostly little kids love them but they dont know the meaning of good music.

numbernine said...
The fact that you're lumping everybody together like we're one person is incredibly insulting. I could say that all Beatles or Elvis or Aerosmith fans worship them, but that would be wrong, because not EVERYONE does. Really, try talking to more fans than just the ones you know and you'll find everyone's different.

fire_ice4ever This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...

So true!!

They get chase around like they're the freaking Beatles!!!!!

Joe Jonas is no John Lennon, Kevin is no Ringo Starr and Nick is no Paul McCartney...

sorry that wasn't meant to be a reply.

BlackHoleHighAlumni This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Actually I'm a Jonas Brother's fan and I've never heard of the term "jonasism". I like their music, acting and believe they are really good role models. Yes, it would be cool to meet them, but seriously, no one except ten year old little girls "worship" them and that is only infatuation. Not worship.

HisPurePrincess This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
jonasism?  yeah, that's just weird.  i agree with you, and i don't think fans take them too far.  they're good kids, as my mom says.

Melloves92 said...

Dear lord, jonasism?

In my opinion, the author needs to stop assuming the world grovels at these boys feet.  Jonasim, geez that's blashemy if I've ever heard it.

They're just a band.  Not a way of life.

BrielleM said...
Jul. 16, 2010 at 7:45 am
We don't worship them! You are the one that is taking things too far! They aren't literally saying that they worship them! It's just a fan thing! I am one of the typical teenage girls that likes them and I look up to them as role models, not like they are gods. They are inspiring and amazing people...So lay off. Jonas fans stick up for them and we obviously love them, but we do NOT worship them, so stop saying stuff like that!

Lexi L. replied...
I agree, most people don't worship them, I was merely pointing out the fact that it does happen. I wrote this at a time when they were more.....popular. It doesn't apply as much now, considering kevins marriage and all, they're a little more unrelatable, so I don't think anybody worships the jonas brothers anymore. your right.

BrielleM replied...

Um, I mean, I don't mean to be rude...

But no one ever "worshipped" the Jonas Brothers. 

And their not any less relatable than they were a year ago. They're no different.

Gihanah98 said...
Girls don't worship the, they look up to them. They're great role models and they inspire me. If it weren't for them I wouldn't be playing music.

lindsey (tunker) replied...
I know exactly where your coming from. my friend has the exact same story. please no body get me wrong, i love the jonas brothers and theyre very talented, im just not obsessing them. i used the jonas brothers as an example for this piece, because theyre very influential.

reginalove said...
Its not about worshipping the Jonas Brothers! Teens and tweens make websites about them to share what they have in common with others tweens. Fans want to have a website that gives them jonas news. Thats the whole point of having fans! As for them having many hits on google, so do alot of other stars or just wannabes that wish they were as great as them. I'm a Jonas fan and I'm proud to say it.People just need to stop hating on them. If you think tweens are taking Jonas too far, look a... (more »)

Tunker replied...
I didn't mean to offened anyone, but I appreciate your comments. I know I wrote an article on taking them to far, but I used to like nick too.

Chelsea A. replied...
Dec. 16, 2009 at 11:52 am
I can understand where you're coming from because most of the girls are very obsessive. But on the other side, many are normal girls who just like them for them and their music. I don't understand why liking the jonas brothers is so bad. It's just the same as liking and other band. But I do understand what you're saying.