Life Lessons from Disney | Teen Ink

Life Lessons from Disney

March 13, 2018
By nandinilal87 BRONZE, New Delhi, Other
nandinilal87 BRONZE, New Delhi, Other
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments


                                                 

“It really is the best of both worlds” you think to yourself as you curl up on your couch and prepare for a long marathon of Lizzie McGuire, Drake and Josh, Wizards of Waverly place, That’s so Raven, and of course, Hannah Montana.
There really is no justification needed for why we loved these shows so much, but we’re going to give it to you anyway.

1. Being a teenager is hard, and they totally understood that. The characters were spontaneous, energetic, and we were so engrossed in the show that we felt like they were our friends too.

2.Before we went to Instagram and Tumblr for fashion advice, we had alex, miley and raven. The shoes, the shirts, the (crazy funky junky) hats, we wanted them all. And back then, what we wore wasn't based on what was cool, it was based on what we liked best.

3.They taught us how to face our problems. Even though raven could see the future, she never ran from it.

4. They taught us that “Who you sit with at lunch is not who you are”. If there was ever a day when we came back from school feeling like we came under a bus, a car and several trains, lizzie would always be there to help us out.

5. They understood the frustration of arguing with a family member. Alex, justin and Max didn't always get along, and when our own siblings became too much to handle, we could relate to them.

6. But they also taught us that family comes first.  Even though it wasn't all rainbows and sunshine, they (however grudgingly) always had each other's backs (Read: clothes, money and food).

7.It always ended well. These shows taught us that no matter how bad things get , nothing is unfixable as long as you got your friends and family. In the end , you will always find your way back home.

8. The shows taught us to never get ahead of ourselves. They taught us to never forget our true self and embrace the beautiful, chaotic mess we are. It may be cool to be Hannah Montana, but never forget the Miley Stewart in you!


The author's comments:

As I Binge watched Hannah Montana stuffing my face with popcorn on my couch, Little did the little me know that I was learning some lessons for life!