Gwen Stefani | Teen Ink

Gwen Stefani

By Chimack GOLD, Geneva, Illinois
Chimack GOLD, Geneva, Illinois

"Music is the universal language of mankind,"

Gwen StefaniI was at a Best Buy with my dad and Christine, his girlfriend at the time. We were in the CD section of the store. She picked out CD for are carried. Now when we were in the car, she popped the CD in the player and “Wind it up” came on. That is the first song from Sweet Escape, and my first taste of Gwen Stefani I couldn’t get enough, I still can get enough. Let's say, I am her biggest fan, I buy all her songs, I even pre-paid for her new album. She inspires me to be a creative person, I like to think she is a renaissance women. She started, with her brother and that is how she became famous. Now she has three solo albums, multiple fashion lines, and she is taking care of her 3 boys. To me, that is amazing.

Gwen Stefani is well known around the world. It is her iconic look, long, wavy, platinum-blonde hair. It is also her glowing complexion, she always wears red lipstick, and she always looks young. She makes you want to listen to her music. She started singing with her unique voice in an Ska band, which was her first category of sound. She really captures the Jamaican sound and beat, she also made her solo albums the iconic pop beats with the help of Pharrell Williams, her co producer.

If I should describe her in one word it would be Banana’s. B-A-N-A-N-A-’S. She has her own  dancers, the Harajuku Girls, Love Angel Music Baby, which inspired her fashion line LAMB, her collection of perfumes, and her makeup line . Her Avant Garde fashion line is inspired by her music of Ska and pop, as well Japanese culture.

I have all her albums. My favorite has to be “ The Sweet Escape,”  “ Love Angle Music Baby,” and her new one that comes out March 18 “ This is What the Truth Feels Like”. Even though I only listened to two new songs from that album let me tell you, I think it is going to be a good album. I also saw her in concert she was playing with No doubt. She had a good stage presence, and she sang all of the songs I wanted. If she is touring  again I would be the first in line for a ticket.  

You could tell I am a big fan. But to me she is an inspiration. She inspires me to be true to myself, to be creative in the sense of  writing songs producing my own music, becoming a communications expert and fashion, and because of her motivating me to bring my A game wherever I go, and not take crap from anyone. I am proud of being a fan. I like to think she can do it all. With her music, fashion, and her family life. She is a renaissance woman she is creative in all the projects she does. One day I would like to meet her and ask her How does she do it. One day I would like to follow in her footsteps I feel like I am already doing it.