Dear Beliebers | Teen Ink

Dear Beliebers

March 25, 2015
By jacmac919 SILVER, Boulder, Colorado
jacmac919 SILVER, Boulder, Colorado
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Justin Bieber was arrested drag-racing under the influence in a residental area. So why on earth was he let off scott free with only a bail that he could easily pay? I know that most of you Beliebers say that he's young and that he'll grow out of it. But really. Children raised from stardom rarely "grow out of it". Honestly. Justin Bieber is a legal adult, capable of making his own decisions. So why does America keep protecting him? Take a good, long look at why we feel such outrage at his arrest. Would you still say that it wasn't his fault if he were overweight or unattractive? If he was not a singer, would you continuously say to let him go free? No! If he was nobody special, you'd shout for him to be locked up! That's what America does with people who disobey the law, so why are we making an exception?

There was a petition for him to leave America, so why was it left alone? You idolize Justin Bieber? Find a better idol! You say he'll grow out of it, that it isn't his fault? Well, his mistakes that are "not his fault" are endangering lives. You say that he's young and impressionable? Ha! He's a legal adult and his decisions matter. If he knows that he's the idol of millions of people, then why doesn't he start acting like it?