The Glorification of Stupidity | Teen Ink

The Glorification of Stupidity

By Nicoler BRONZE, Bogota, Other
Nicoler BRONZE, Bogota, Other

The only reality behind these reality shows is that there is absolutely nothing real about them. The purpose of a reality show is to expose how celebrities live, but what they seem to keep failing at is to show the real truth. Many times in shows like “Keeping Up With The Kardashians” producers do not show the viewers the real family problems and how the protagonists (The Kardashian Sisters) really live their lives. What producers are interested in showing are dramatic and non-realistic scenarios. Glamour and the sophistication also play a role in the success of a reality show. Going back to my example, The Kardashians live on the red carpet and go to parties with the most exclusive members of society. Producers don’t show us how Kim Kardashian makes her breakfast; instead they show us buying her 18th Rolex. 

It is important to remember that a reality show is strictly entertainment. What is the point of seeing a 25 year old women whose sticks to a daily a routine of wasting away money on clothes and jewelry she already has and will probably never use, while consuming a strict diet of air and water. All while being followed around by cameras, and being advertised to the world. While watching shows like Keeping Up With the Kardashians, Desperate Housewives of countless cities and many other, one should pay attention to the faults producers make when filming these “reality” shows.

Reality shows are only produced to keep viewers watching. Like many things in this world these shows are manly publicized to benefit two parties involved. The producers, screen directors and cameramen hired to produce these shows earn millions a year as well as the actors involved. My point is without going into any more detail about the Kardashian or fake plastic surgeons is that “reality” shows don’t have a bit of reality. T.V channels only air what benefits them and what will make them profit.

I consider that these “reality” shows are the most pointless type of entertainment you can acquire, even if they showed how the celebs real life was, it is pointless to see how a rock star goes to the dentist and gets its teeth fixed. It is idiotic to watch this type of shows, they have no sense they are not interesting and they only generate gossip (which is mainly what the producers want). Smart producers should come up with more T.V series that are actually interesting and actually leave us something even if it is fictional, at least we are not being fooled and told that what is being shown is the only and total truth.

If I am going to watch television I rather as said before, watch an entertaining series that will catch me for a few seasons and then drop me, watch a good well made movie or even watch the news, in that way I am being entertained knowing about culture and being informed about the TRUTH of what is happening as a global concern and not only from rodeo drive to the Beverly hills.  To close up from my point of view people should really quit watching this fake nonsense about celebrities that sell their lives in order to make some money, people should really consider their options and realize what a waste of time “reality” shows are.