Top Three YouTube Channels Everyone Should Subscribe To | Teen Ink

Top Three YouTube Channels Everyone Should Subscribe To

By Vedika Patwari SILVER, Hyderabad, Other
Vedika Patwari SILVER, Hyderabad, Other

With over one billion unique visitors each month and hundred hours of video being uploaded each minute, YouTube, a video-sharing website which was created in 2005, is enjoying the cult status of being the ultimate source of online videos for people from over sixty-one countries. The exponential growth of YouTube is not wholly unexpected due to the wave of globalization, but the figures are mind-boggling, even for the 21st century! As more and more people stream in online to watch more than six billion hours of video per month, talking to your camera for fun has now become a high-paying job, with thousands of channels making six-figures per year!

However, this drastic growth of traffic on YouTube can quickly become an enormous problem, for unsuspecting users, as they have the tedious task of sorting through hundreds of channels and videos- desperate to find one that suits their taste perfectly. Here is a list of the top three YouTube channels that we think everyone should subscribe to – the first step in finding yourself amongst a plethora of video channels where it isn’t hard to lose yourself:

1)
ERB: The record breaking YouTube channel, Epic Rap Battles of History, created by Peter Shukoff or Nice Peter and Lloyd Ahlquist or EpicLLOYD in 2006, features absolutely hilarious rap battles, usually between unexpected people like, Miley Cyrus and Joan of Arc, Mozart and Skrillex and Rasputin and Stalin. However, when talking about bizarre pairings, we have to say that the Hitler vs. Darth Vader pairing definitely steals the show. The best parts about the videos, however, are the under-lying puns that require at least two-three viewings to comprehend. The channel’s comedic videos and witty jabs, make the over 1.2 billion views and 10 million subscribers hardly surprising. The videos must not be missed by anyone looking for intelligent but funny ways to waste 2 minutes and 30 seconds!
On a side note, please get ready for more truly epic videos as an all new

season of must-watch rap battles is set to be released from May 5th.

My favorite rap battle: Barack Obama vs. Mitt Romney (my personal opinion is that Abraham Lincoln wins this one, hands-down!)

2)
MinutePhysics: With 128 videos usually providing 1 minute and 30 second long answers to questions ranging from “What is fire?” to “Do we expand with the universe?” Minute Physics, which was created in 2011, is now the go-to YouTube channel for easy and quick understanding about physics and science. The basic and interesting illustrations that accompany these explanations are worth a mention, as they take viewers right back to their high school lessons with whiteboards and black markers! The channel is a quick study source for school students studying four hours before their Science exam, an interesting resource to learn from for people who love to know about everything and anything, and a lifesaver for those people who definitely don’t want to look like idiots amongst their geekier friends. The two million subscribers are a statistical proof!

My favorite video: How to See Without Glasses

3)
Soniastravels: Taking a long vacation and don’t know what to pack? Heading for a truly adventurous trip but want to avoid passport robbers? Have to attend meetings but have no clue on how to prevent your clothes from wrinkling? Simply subscribe to Sonia’s Travels, a perfect How-To guide for business travelers, adventurers and holiday-seekers! Sonia’s 191 videos provide insightful and practical solutions to frustrating but unavoidable problems we all face while travelling and spending few minutes watching her videos will certainly save travelers from shipping leaked toiletries and bedbugs! Apart from travel guides, Sonia’s channel also features travel diaries of various places – ranging from “Travel Copenhagen” to “Travel Mexico”. These beautifully filmed videos have unexceptionally high and clear quality, and the long range and focus shots add a nice touch of professionalism. If you’re travelling in the near future, spending time on Soniastravels should be added to your To-Do list, and if you’re not travelling in the near future, spending time on Soniastravels should be added to your To-Do list because the “People-Watching” videos will make you feel as though you’ve traveled around the globe, though chances are you’re still sitting in your dark bedroom at 2:30 A.M, eating your last bite of frozen yogurt.

My favorite Travel Tip: How to Avoid Packing Hell

Now since I’ve laid down the basic framework for you, you can go ahead and find (or lose!) yourself. Get YouTubing!