Clebrities | Teen Ink

Clebrities

November 4, 2008
By AmberLorraine SILVER, Olathe, Kansas
AmberLorraine SILVER, Olathe, Kansas
5 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If the sky were to suddenly open up, there would be no law, there would be no rule. There would only be you and your memories." - Donnie Darko


Celebrities of today are getting worse and worse. I don’t think that they understand exactly how much influence they have on people. Whenever they do something, the whole world is watching and some are influenced that whatever they are doing is acceptable. Why else would they do it?

Teenagers are regularly diagnosed with eating disorders. In many cases, they say that it was influenced by celebrities. Many models and celebrities today have started unhealthy habits. Some people refuse to believe that disorders such as bulimia and anorexia are unhealthy and can harm you because they want to look like today’s celebrities.

Another thing that teenagers are sometimes influenced to do by celebrities is drugs. Artists such as Amy Winehouse have even made songs about rehab and drug addiction. I think it is great that they have been to rehab, but it does not always keep them clean, especially when they do not stay for more than a day or two.

Another big problem with celebrities is their use of alcohol. In the past two years, there have been several cases in which celebrities have had a DUI charge. In addition, there have been many photographs of celebrities out partying while being under the influence of alcohol.

Some teenagers of today need help to learn that just because celebrities have an eating disorder, drug or alcohol addiction, or even a baby, it is not always OK to follow their example and strive to be just like them. There are also some celebrities whose morals set them apart and they have a positive influence on people. I just think that it is important for the youth of today to choose their celebrity role model carefully. You should first make sure that what they are doing is healthy and positive and that it will not get them into any trouble. If it gets them into trouble, it will probably get you into even more trouble.