Another One Bites the Dust | Teen Ink

Another One Bites the Dust

November 13, 2013
By CamilaCuellar BRONZE, Bogotá, Other
CamilaCuellar BRONZE, Bogotá, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Young fame; ohh… don’t we all want to become famous as teenagers? Many people insist that it’s how celebrities handle fame, and the decisions they make, that influence how they change over time. They deny it, but fame does screw people up. Just imagine living puberty, tough times, and almost every single moment of your life in the spotlight. It’s not easy.










Who was once a teenage role model and idol, has now turn into a horror show, and an attention seeking beast. It just seems like Miley Cyrus has totally forgot where she got her start and what she used to be for everyone. It’s evident she is dealing through a rough time in her life and it seems like she would do anything to gain attention! Hannah Montana used to be one of my favorite shows growing up, but that innocent Disney girl is no more. After watching Miley Cyrus’ VMA performance, I literally broke in to tears. I mean, how could she have become so different, so fast?!

Other celebrities like Lindsay Lohan, Amanda Bynes, etc. have suffered with drug addiction, deep depression and other severe situations, and it seems like Miley Cyrus is the next to follow down this road. Cyrus’ latest trick for attention is nudity and sexuality. She has recently been exposing her body in a sexual ways, hoping to appear sexually appealing. Ok, Miley… teddy bears and weird aggressive faces with your tongue out aren’t exactly turn-ons for most people. In my opinion, all of this nonsense is just a way to let people know that she is crying for help. She is obviously not in a stable emotional state and she just wants to be the gossip of every school girl. That is definitely not the way to gain attention. She really has no need of doing this stuff to be successful. I mean, she’s got the looks, she’s got the voice, and she’s got what it takes to be a perfectly healthy musical idol. After all, she has been in the industry all her life.

Miley Cyrus insists she is finally letting people know the real Miley. For her, her actions are totally normal and effective. Being you is good Miley, but what’s up with the award show [VMA] performance?! According to a MTV interview with the singer, she reveals that for her: "You're thinking about it more than I thought about it when I did it. Like, I didn't even think about it 'cause that's just me." I think we found the problem. Doesn’t she know young kids watch this award shows? Isn’t she aware that people expect respect from the media? She should really begin to think before she acts, it would benefit all of us and her image as well.

Even though Miley Cyrus considers the presentation to be completely positive, #1 gloves, teddy bears and my childhood got ruined after it. Thanks a lot Hannah.