Top Ten Shows For a Sick Day In | Teen Ink

Top Ten Shows For a Sick Day In

November 3, 2013
By ruhina13 BRONZE, Mississauga, Other
ruhina13 BRONZE, Mississauga, Other
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

1.
Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
No matter what your doctor says, the best cure to any cold is one cup Will Smith and one cup Carlton Banks. These two zest-filled boys will dance the headaches away and keep you feeling warm with all that family love.
2.
Downton Abbey
Whether or not you understand half the dialogue of this British breakout drama, the riveting plot will wash all your flu pains away, replacing them with the troubles of this 20th century aristocrat family.
3.
That 70’s Show
A show about six teenagers in the 70’s who smoke marijuana and hang out in a basement? Oh yeah. The sitcom has comedy, romance, tears and yes, an ass-whooping bald father who fought in the Korean War. You’ll actually want to get sick just to watch this.
4.
Friends
There really isn't much to say except.....Friends. A classic forever, Friends will put a smile on your face any day. Really shows you that friends are the family you choose and cherish forever. Oh and there’s also Jennifer Aniston so goodbye flu
5.
The Big Bang Theory
“The X-men were named for the X in Charles Xavier. Since I am Sheldon Cooper, you will be, my C-men.” Say that out loud and if it doesn't get you, than nothing will. Sheldon’s whimsical OCD and Leonard’s incomparable sensibility mixed with a Jewish debauchee and an Indian who is selectively mute will have your fever laughing with you. The Big Bang Theory will engrave a smile on your face.
6.
The Simpsons
No matter how many times you watch this show, it never gets boring. The generation before me enjoyed The Simpsons and so will you. It’s funny, it’s raunchy and has amazing guest stars such as Leonard Nemoy, Justin Bieber and The Beatles (!). The Simpsons is a great watch for a day you’re really sick or a day you just want to be.
7.
Modern Family
A story about three families living in suburban California. What could go wrong? Modern Family emphasizes all that matter in life: family, love and Sophia Vergara. Yes it will make you cry but it will also warm up your insides in that fuzzy way that warm soup does.
8.
Franklin and Bash
This show isn't as popular as its legal show oppositions such as Suits or even White Collar but this show it good! The main protagonists, Jared Franklin and Peter Bash, are quirky, smart and just down right entertaining. Mixed in with a Malibu beach house and an agoraphobic freak, Franklin and Bash is just awesome and a day stuck in bed is an awesome way to catch up on it.
9.
Saturday Night Live
This show has been on for a while and it has given the world such gems like Will Farrel, Tina Fey and Kristen Wiig. Comedy, music and some good looking celebrities equal an hour and a half of fun. Saturday Night Live always brings fresh material so no matter which episode you watch, it’ll help ease that headache for sure.
10.
Law and Order
Law and Order has an amazing cast, intricate plots and courtrooms. The long running franchise has branched many spin-offs but the original is the best. When you’re sick, this show will help you through all the sneezing and coughing.