Macklemore | Teen Ink

Macklemore

By Sanaalt08 GOLD, Irving, Texas
Sanaalt08 GOLD, Irving, Texas

Macklemore is an amazing Rapper. He really makes you think. The fact that he's a rapper who can sing about negative effects of a lot of things in life, is amazing!. He is really different from the rappers we hear on the radios nowadays. Not only rappers but any industrial musicians on regular basis. And I also love how some of his videos can be silly. It shows his character and how real he is.
He's actually been an artist for a while now, but he recently got famous with his song "Thrift Shop". His "rags to riches" story is very inspirational. Anyone can be anything they want, and achieve anything they want in life if they work hard. His song "Ten Thousand Hours" talks about how you can do anything if you work hard.
"Wings" is also an amazing song! The lyrics in the song not only give a detailed description of the Jordan line of basketball shoes, but more importantly Macklemore’s thoughts on consumerism in this country. He describes material things as something that we cherish so much, but then reminds us that those expensive Jordans were “just another pair of shoes.”

He has a very compelling way of bringing introspection into his art. Macklemore takes a refreshing step back, and expresses himself in a truly spiritual way that few hip-hop artists have been able to do.All of his songs have a deeper meaning other than what they mean on the surface.

Some of his other songs, like 'And We Danced", depict his other side/style which is really fun and energetic.
Well if you haven't heard of him yet,give his music a try! He's not another Eminem, this guy has a different style. "The Heist", his newest album is really amazing!

Originally posted on my blog:

Sanaalt08 GOLD said...
Sanaalt08 GOLD, Irving, Texas
Thank you! 

Madison09 said...
This is a great article! And Macklemore is a great rapper, and he raps about things worth rapping about.