Black Friday vs. Cyber Monday | Teen Ink

Black Friday vs. Cyber Monday

By heyabbby SILVER, Merton, Wisconsin
heyabbby SILVER, Merton, Wisconsin

Arrowhead students talk about whether they like Black Friday or Cyber Monday better. Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving that is traditionally known as the busiest shopping day of the year. People go out at midnight on Thursday morning and generally shop all day, considering the deals they will find on items. Cyber Monday is similar to Black Friday, but instead of going out shopping, you are able to shop online and still receive great deals.

On Black Friday, many will find deals such as 30% off their entire purchase, or buy one get the other for 50% off. You can also find great deals at stores like Best Buy or Wal-Mart, such as 42” plasma televisions for $99.99 or $199.99 on the newest iPad. Many will wait in line for days, even camp out, just to get a deal like this.

On Cyber Monday, you don’t need to worry about the hassle of going out into stores, waiting in busy lines, or not having the ability to find the item in a store. On that Monday, you can simply go onto a stores website, and find the deals by entering a certain code, or just checking out like you normally would.

Although every person has a different opinion on the shopping they like, they all can agree on one thing and that is that they love the deals they receive on Black Friday or Cyber Monday.