Bones

Since when are bones sexy? It would seem they are the way they’re shown off on television. It’s hard to watch a show and not see the outline of a woman’s bones in her chest. It’s become so normal to be that thin that people don’t even seem to take notice of it. They don’t blink when a girl leans down on TV and you can see every bone popping out. It’s not unusual for a girl’s collarbone to be sticking out of her shoulder, a pointed scalpel. People don’t seem to take notice because generally people take the term “too thin” as literal skeletons, all bones, not just a bony chest. That person may not look too thin besides the bony chest, someone else might be thinner and look fine, but for that person’s body type they are too thin. But what is too thin? A bony chest is too thin, a pointy collarbone sticking out is too thin. Why are these women portrayed on television as beautiful, sexy, wanted by men? Some examples are Marcia Cross (Bree) in Desperate Housewives, Felicity Huffman (Lynette) on Desperate Housewives, Ali Larter in Heroes, Julie Bowen (Claire Dunphy) in Modern Family. And of course there are numerous guest stars that appear on shows with bones popping out. It seems that unless you have a beautifully, perfectly curvaceous body like Kim Kardashian, Sofia Vergara, or Jennifer Lopez, you must be stick thin.
We must stop the madness. We must stop actresses with bony chests and poking out collarbones who supposedly represent real people. I am not blaming them, because I’m sure they have low self-esteem and a ton of pressure on them to be thin; but why are producers and directors and castors casting these bone-thin women? Why are the considered the epitome of beauty? Why can’t a real person with actual curves and a butt and a chest be represented on TV?

andromeda13 said...
Great article, i agree. I'm always seeing these women on tv with digusting super thin bodies and i think to myself "people think that looks good?" Five stars *****

Free- replied...
Dec. 10, 2011 at 9:38 am :
Thank you!! This article actually got a lot of bad ratings, but I'm glad someone agrees with it!