Celebrities vs Real Life Hero's | Teen Ink

Celebrities vs Real Life Hero's

September 28, 2011
By CallmeKrista BRONZE, Newont, Massachusetts
CallmeKrista BRONZE, Newont, Massachusetts
4 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Don't get me wrong, I love watching TV shows and reality TV and movies and all of that stuff, but it feels like almost every story on the news or in magazines and stuff are about Celebrities when their are people over in other countries fighting for us to be able to live free. It's really sad to think that a man or women that's fighting over in Iraq or Afghanistan or someplace like that died fighting to protect the USA and they don't get acknowledged for their efforts. If a Celebrity gets married its front page news in all the tabloids, but if someone touring in Iraq loses a hand or leg it isn't even talked about. I'm not saying that people shouldn't tune into celebrities lives, but I AM saying that we have to put our priorities in order. Celebrities aren't the one's risking their lives for us, soldiers are. If you asked a classroom of teens who their hero is it would most likely be a celebrity which I find kind of sad. Well a celebrity isn't my hero, it's the army and the navy and the marines and the air force and all of those people that are out there fighting for us, their the real hero's.