Beauty Is In the Eye of the Beholder | Teen Ink

Beauty Is In the Eye of the Beholder

By Tara_Baby BRONZE, Phenix City, Alabama
Tara_Baby BRONZE, Phenix City, Alabama

_ \" For God so lioved the world that he gave hios only son that who so ever believes in him should have eternal life \" .
_ \" Good , Better , Best , Never Let It Rest , Until Your good Is BEtter And Your Better Is Best ! \"

It’s a vast, powerful, deteriorating thing; it’s the media. To me, the media is a manipulative power used to portray entertainment and set examples for people. Honestly, the examples they are setting for people are very wrong and fake. They ruin people’s lives and deteriorate people’s minds and bodies. The question is why is our society allowing this to continue? It’s because most of our society doesn’t realize what is happening and what the media causes! The biggest problem we have is our media portraying images of girls and boys that are perfect; pushing an average regular teen to sometimes go to extreme extents to become more like the media’s idea of the ideal perfect image.
What most people don’t know is that in order to create this so called perfect image photographers have to go through a series of editing the pictures. Taking or adding fat in certain places on the bodies to make the person look how they think they should and even doing away with blemishes and adding tans. It’s their opinion. However, this is lying to the public, it’s illustrating a fake picture to the public tricking us into thinking an actual human looks like this. This is a very false conclusion. Without the knowledge of this, young teens sometimes go through tremendous trials to look like the model on the cover of a magazine that has a perfect hour glass shape, or flawless skin, or big muscles. It makes their self esteem absolutely crumble.
The truth of the matter is that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Therefore the media should not convey false images to people to try to change the way a person looks. No person is going to have perfect hair and perfect skin and a perfect body and a perfect life. No one! So my opinion is that the media should leave the images they take as natural as they originally were. It would reduce the number of suicides in young teens and it would raise young kids’ self-esteem, allowing them to succeed in a lot more things that they do. No one should have to walk around constantly insecure about themselves due to false images portrayed by the lying media!

I Have really low self-esteem and its mostly because i compare myself to the images that the media portrays. i wanted other people to know how the media is lying to them.

on Sep. 5 2011 at 7:48 am
I loved reading this! You're so right.