Be YOU! | Teen Ink

Be YOU!

June 10, 2011
By 1SarraLiziee31011 BRONZE, York, Pennsylvania
1SarraLiziee31011 BRONZE, York, Pennsylvania
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I don't need easy, I just need possible" ~bethany hamilton, soul surfer.
"If you can't take me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best!" marylin monroe, singer/actress.


How many times have you been called, crazy, stupid, or difficult, just because you're a little different? How often do you feel like you just don't fit in? Have you ever wanted to give up?? Don't. The truth is, there IS no "normal". Everyone is there own unique person. And for someone to call you out on being "unusual", is like ice cream calling snow cold! It doesn't make sense! Be yourself. You have so much to offer the world! Take a risk. Talk to the person that everyone ignores. Be an inspiration to everyone you come in contact with. Share your ideas, try something new, and don't be afraid to fail. Because in life, it's not about the number of times you fall, but what you do when you're down that counts in the end. Pick yourself up, learn, and share what you know! Go on, change the world, but never, EVER, change yourself.


The author's comments:
People who are constantly put down or told how odd they are, can start to question who they want to be! They can be molded and re shaped into an image that's acceptable to society, and when that happens, new ideas stop. Everyone has something to say, and everyone needs the chance to have their one of a kind voice, heard.