Be YOU! | Teen Ink

Be YOU!

By 1SarraLiziee31011 BRONZE, York, Pennsylvania
1SarraLiziee31011 BRONZE, York, Pennsylvania

"I don't need easy, I just need possible" ~bethany hamilton, soul surfer.
"If you can't take me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best!" marylin monroe, singer/actress.

How many times have you been called, crazy, stupid, or difficult, just because you're a little different? How often do you feel like you just don't fit in? Have you ever wanted to give up?? Don't. The truth is, there IS no "normal". Everyone is there own unique person. And for someone to call you out on being "unusual", is like ice cream calling snow cold! It doesn't make sense! Be yourself. You have so much to offer the world! Take a risk. Talk to the person that everyone ignores. Be an inspiration to everyone you come in contact with. Share your ideas, try something new, and don't be afraid to fail. Because in life, it's not about the number of times you fall, but what you do when you're down that counts in the end. Pick yourself up, learn, and share what you know! Go on, change the world, but never, EVER, change yourself.

People who are constantly put down or told how odd they are, can start to question who they want to be! They can be molded and re shaped into an image that's acceptable to society, and when that happens, new ideas stop. Everyone has something to say, and everyone needs the chance to have their one of a kind voice, heard.

on Jun. 28 2011 at 9:26 am
JoPepper PLATINUM, Annandale, Virginia

"Freedom is the ability to not care what the other person thinks."

"Not all those who wander are lost" --JRR Tolkien

"When you are listening to music it is better to cover your eyes than your ears." --Jose' Bergamin

I thought that was very, very good and inspirational! And that opening line catches the readers attention!!!! :D Don't ever stop writing!!! :))