My Point of View | Teen Ink

My Point of View

May 22, 2011
By Anonymous

I selected TLC because they interest me by the kind of music and meaning that they wanted to make. TLC was a kind of funky R&B group. Who sung about life and how to enjoy it.
The group is made up of 3 females: Tionne Watkins; who was founder of the group and is best known as “T-Boz”. Lisa Lopes; who was the rapper of the group and was best known as “Left Eye”, and Rozonda Thomas; who is the lead singer and is best known as “Chilli”. Their nick names make up TLC. TLC was formed in Atlanta, Georgia in 1991.
T-Boz was born on April 26, 1970; she’s married and has one daughter named Chase. Chilli was born on Feb. 27, 1971; and has one son named Tron. Left Eye was born May 27, 1971 and has one adopted daughter named Snow. They all grew up together.

During their successful career they had their ups and downs. Some of their best selling hits were Baby-Baby-Baby, What About Your Friends, Creep, and Waterfall.

Sadly later while making a new album; TLC had suffered from the heartache of the death of Left Eye. Left was killed instantly in a car crash in 2002. Since then T-Boz and Chilli finished the album. They stated, “Left Eye was like family she could never be replaced; always TLC.”

TLC is still known but not as popular. They performed at the BET Awards 2008 with singer Alicia Keys. I believe that if you actually sit back and listen to there music, it would give you a different perspective of life.