Tone it down!...Or maybe not.

Very recently, the TV Guide magazine gave a jeer to MTV’s hit show Teen Mom. TV Guide said MTV is turning into baby making channel and stated that MTV should refrain from glorifying sex and teen pregnancies. Many others agree. I’ve heard comments from various people telling me the show is stupid for paying girls for being teen moms.

That doesn’t sound right does it? But remember, there are two sides to every story. Recent statistics have shown that the percentage of teenage pregnancies have gone down since the show first aired. If you’ve honestly watched the MTV hit show, you’d see that it’s more than just cute clothes and giggling babies. You'd see the girls struggle with being able to make ends meet, fights with parents and baby’s daddy, the courage and strength it took for a couple to give up their daughter, Carly, for adoption. You see how hard it is for them to get an education and you see how hard their struggles are. You see the tougher side of things.

So what do you think? Should the show be toned down? Or, could it be brought out more? Maybe TV Guide shouldn’t have given MTV that jeer. Or maybe it’s perfect just the way it is. I want to hear from you.