Is Television Bad for Your Health? | Teen Ink

Is Television Bad for Your Health?

January 14, 2011
By Quist22 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
Quist22 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

People say watching TV bad for your health, but what most people don’t realize is that it’s not the TV that’s harming your body it’s you, and what you make of it. Sitting fruitless on your couch for hours eating chips and drinking soda while coerced to your TV will eventually cause some health concerns. However, people don’t think about the health alternatives to participate in, and still get to see their favorite shows. For example, running on a treadmill while watching TV is a great way to cover that poignant feeling caused from working out. TV can also be good for the youth to keep them out of trouble with their lives.

Many kids can admit they’ve gone to a party or to where there has been alcohol or any form of drugs involved. However if kids spend most of their time watching TV, it can keep them from going out and getting into trouble. However, they shouldn’t adapt to a phlegmatic lifestyle and watch TV all day. TV can also teach kids about many things in life if they watch the right shows. However, if they do not watch the right shows kids can be garbled with deciding to partake in some of the negative activities seen on some shows.

TV is never going to go away, and through comprehensive research it can be proven that it has a positive impact on our lives. TV is a great way to show us what’s going on with the world and teach things we may have never known before.

The author's comments:
I wrote this piece for school.